Friday 26 September 2014

Venice


I recently visited the beautiful city of Venice and decided it would be lovely to share a few my experience and a few photographs. I usually tend to stick to typical beach holidays and relax to the maximum. Though on this particular holiday, we purposely booked a trip to Italy in order to fulfil the role of a ‘tourist’ and therefore do a spot of sightseeing. 
 
Venice is situated in north east of Italy and is known as Venezia in Italian. On my visit I was able to walk around and visit many popular sites such as Piazza San Marco (St Marks Square), the Clock Tower, the Grand Canal, Rialto Bridge. Palazzo Ducale, Torre dell’Orologio, St Mark’s Basilica, etc. 

One thing that I loved about Venice was the twisty, turny passages and endless canals intertwining throughout the City. In a way, Venice feels like a fairytale land just because it was so different to anywhere else I had ever visited. The visit was of course complete with a necessary ride on a Gondola. The Gondola experience enabled a small trip down the Grand Canal and also meandered throughout the canals of the city. One particular benefit of Venice is that no matter how lost you may become within the passages and side streets, there is always a sign which directs you back to St Marks Square. Within the square we were surrounded by two things, tourists and pigeon’s haha! The square comprised of the clock tower which is apparently one of the newest buildings in Venice. The Cathedral which is known as St Mark's Basilica is also situated within St Marks Square. An interesting fact about St Mark's Basilica is that it took approximately three years to build and over 300 years to decorate as stated by a tour guide. The Cathedral contained hundreds of paintings on the walls but unfortunately I was not permitted to take any photographs inside the Cathedral.

I would definitely recommend a trip to Venice either with your friends, family or even a surprise trip for your girlfriend or boyfriend. Though make sure you save some pennies because in one cafe a glass of coke was five Euros alone. Also be mindful that Venice is a bumpy city due to it slowly sinking! Anyway here are a few photographs taken by myself. 

 


Outside St Mark's Basilica

My favourite Gondoling photo!

The Rialto Bridge.



The Clock Tower in St Marks Square

St Marks Square


St Marks Square again


One of the many mask shops




Hope you enjoyed!

Love
Lizzie x 

All photographs were taken by myself and are therefore owned by www.lizziebeau.blogspot.com.





32 comments:

  1. ahhhh it looks gorg. I've never been but I'd love to go some day - it seems to be such a wonderful place x

    Caitriona Tighe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definetly worth a visit at some point :). thanks so much for your comment, it means alot :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post and photos!! I would love to visit Venice on day :) its incredible, so pretty xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanyou so much for your lovely comment :). Definatly worth a visit :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I've been to Venice in September and I think it's such a great and uniwue city. Love the photos.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, I went in September too. May have crossed paths at some point :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Venice looks so beautiful, I've never been there, or to anywhere in Italy actually. I'd absolutely love to go.
    It looks liek the perfect place to spend hours walkign round taking photos - you've got some lovely ones.

    www.quitequaint.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much :). xxx

      Delete
  5. Awesome pics ;) wonderful
    xx


    ladyfashworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely post dear!:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Lizzie! The photos you posted are wonderful! I would like to visit Venice sometime. It seems like you had a great time. I'm new on here too, so it would be really nice if you'd check out my blog and let me know what you think. I could use advice on how to improve my blog. Your looks really nice. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou. I'll check your blog out quickly :) Happy blogging :).

      xx

      Delete
  8. Your pictures are gorgeous! I would love to have a travel aspect to my blog but I don't go anywhere...New Zealand is rather restricting haha I would love if you could check out my blog sometime!

    FLOWERS AND FAWNS
    http://flowersandfawns.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, i'll have a look at your blog :) xxx

      Delete
  9. Your photos are incredible. I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to go to Venice!

    Alix
    www.letskissandmakeup.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. your photos are amazing.. what camera do you use? I was in Venice two years ago and is beautiful, anyways I was just wondering if you could pay my blog a visit ♥
    miainthewonderland17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment :). I use a Canon powershot sx220. I brought it over two years ago so theres probably much better quality cameras around now. xxx

      Delete
  11. Hi!
    I nominated you for the Leibster Award on my blog :)
    Have a lovely day!

    elslittleutopia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooooo those mask shops look amazing xox

    http://rainbowsandunicorns27.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou. I find them a little creepy too ha xxx

      Delete
  13. Hey :) I have also nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award!
    http://flowersandfawns.blogspot.co.nz/2014/10/liebster-blog-award-nomination.html
    If you do take part in it, send me the link because I'd love to see your answers to the questions!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures, would love to visit here one day! xx

    http://realisings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous photos! You look like you had a lovely time :) x

    ReplyDelete